Pages

Monday, May 7, 2018

Distress Oxide Glaze Technique: Sending Warm Thoughts

As with my last post, for the next few posts I will show some cards that I have made using the Distress Oxide glaze technique and die cuts. I have had lots of questions about how to use these backgrounds, and one of the easiest and most fun ways to use them is with die cuts. If you have not seen my post on how to do this technique, please go here for an overview.


This card was made using the same die as my last post (you can see it here). These cards look completely different. I love versatile dies that you can use over and over like this.

I took the Distress Oxide glazed panel that I made (I think it's part of this pile I made recently) and die cut it using the MFT-463 Die-Namics Blueprints 13 set (the large rectangle in the set cuts a panel to 5.25" x 4").


I cut the white panel out of Core'dinations 80# white canvas cardstock, using the Lawn Fawn LF-768 Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables die set (the largest die in the set cuts a rectangle 5" x 3.75") The MFT rectangle and this Lawn Fawn rectangle are the most used dies that I own. They cut rectangles in sizes I use a lot, and with a nice stitched finished edge.

I used the Memory Box 99946 Cherry Flower collage die at the top center of the white panel. This cuts out the circle with the flowers in it. I stamped a Magenta sentiment 07.806.K "Sending Warm Thoughts" under the circle. I really like this sentiment because it doesn't command the person who gets the card to get well; it's also nice for people who are not sick, but are recovering from an injury

However, this stamp is very long, and normally on a card of this size can only be used horizontally. But you can break it up using a Stamp-a-ma-jig old style stamp positioner. Even though I own more stamp platforms that one person should, I still kept my old Stamp-a-ma-jig for times like this. The beauty of this style positioner is that once you stamp on the plastic, you can move it around on your paper to be sure your stamp will be where you need it to be. If you want to see a tutorial on how to break up a stamp like this, please go here (scroll down toward the bottom of the post where it says "Bonus Tutorial").

To finish the card, I adhered the white panel to the Oxide glaze panel, and the whole thing to a base card of Neenah Solar white 110# cardstock. I added yellow gems from Little Things from Lucy's Cards Jewels.

Products Used
Magenta 07.806.K Sending Warm Thoughts
Memory Box die 99946 Cheery Flower Collage
MFT-463 Die-Namics Blueprints 13 die set
Lawn Fawn LF-768 Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables die set
Stamp-a-ma-jig positioning tool
Distress Oxide inks: Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean, Wild Honey, 
Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Ranger Glaze Medium
Core-dinations 80# White Canvas cardstock
Ranger Alcohol Ink cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock
Little Things from Lucy's Cards - Jewels - Lemon mix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne