Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Distress Oxides: Time to Celebrate

When I make Distress Oxide backgrounds, I usually like to blend lots of colors together. They blend so well and so effortlessly. However, this time I just used two colors, and I really love the soft look this has. It's too bad that blogger won't let me make this larger. The next step up is Extra Large, and when I make a horizontal card, it sticks out too far into the margins. It's really so pretty in real life.

In inked a panel of Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock with Worn Lipstick and Fired Brick. These two colors together combine to make such a pretty coral color. I spritzed the panel with the Tim Holtz sprayer that will spray a fine mist if you pull the trigger back, but will spit larger drops if you just pull it back a bit. I think this gives such a lovely bokeh look.

I cut the panel with the  Die-namics 463 Blueprints 13 stitched rectangle die that cuts the panel to 5.25" x 4".

Using another piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock that was adhered to Stick-it adhesive, I die cut the Poppy die 1429 Kaysen Oval Frame and adhered it to the center of the colored panel.

The sentiment is from Penny Black's clear set 30-286 Heartfelt, and I stamped it into the center of the oval with Versafine Onyx Black ink. 

After doing all of this, I thought I would like the panel to be more sparkly, so I sprayed the whole thing with the Imagine Crafts Sheer Shimmer Spritz. It would have been better to spray it earlier in the process, because it reactivated the ink and a little of the coral color got onto the white oval. I used a Tombow Mono Sand eraser to get it off. 

I mounted the finished panel onto a So Silk Fashion Black mat, and then onto a base card of Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock.

If you have not yet had a chance to look at my Distress Oxide Overview post, you can see it here.

Products Used:
Poppy 1429 Kaysen Oval Frame
Die-namics MFT-463 Blueprints 13 die set
Penny Black 30-286 Heartfelt stamp set
Distress Oxides: Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Imagine Crafts Sheer Shimmer Spritz
Stick-it Adhesive
So Silk Fashion Black cardstock
Neenah Solar White 80# & 110# cardstock


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne