Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Distress Oxide Blends: Using Your Leftover Pieces

Since I don't always use an entire panel of blended Oxide inks, I often have leftover pieces that I can use on other cards. I don't throw any scraps away! I love, love, love this card, because it uses a little leftover piece of blended Oxides, an older Magenta stamp that I love, and a Die-namics die that I have been meaning to use.


I cut a panel of white textured cardstock to 5" x 3.75", and used the Die-namics MFT-1113 Square Peek-a-Boo Window die to die cut an opening in the upper center of the panel.

I stamped the Magenta 14.591.H Ornamental Onion Blooms stamp onto a scrap of Distress Oxide blended cardstock using Versafine Onyx Black ink, and then cut it to size (slightly larger than the opening) using the Memory Box 30088 Square Basics die set. 

The Distress Oxide colors I used on this scrap were Peeled Paint, Cracked Pistachio, Broken China and Wilted Violet. I had spritzed the panel with water, and after putting some of the Broken China ink on my craft mat and spraying it with some water, I flicked it onto the panel with a brush. I used most of the rest of this particular colored panel on another card, but I feel like the way the colors and spots ended up on this square look like they were put there just for this card. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I will tell you now, that mounting that colored, stamped square to center in the opening is not easy, and I still didn't get it perfectly centered. Next time I would adhere the colored square to the back of the white panel so that it shows through the opening, and THEN stamp it in the center, using a stamping tool. I think that would be much easier.

I stamped a Magenta Happy Birthday sentiment just underneath the square opening, using Versafine Onyx black ink. This stamp is the Multilingual Happy Birthday stamp, but I am using just the English sentiment for this card.

I matted the white panel with Stardream Fairway cardstock, and mounted the entire panel onto Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock.

If you have not had a chance to look at my Distress Oxide Overview post, you can see it here
If you would like to purchase any of the Magenta stamps used here, you can click on the links below the images to go to the Magenta online store.

Products Used:

Magenta 14.591.H Ornamental Onion Blooms
Magenta Multilingual Happy Birthday 07.907.L
Die-namics MFT-1113 Square Peek-a-Boo Window
Memory Box 30088 Square Basics die set
Distress Oxide inks: Peeled Paint, Cracked Pistachio,
Broken China, Wilted Violet
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Stardream Fairway cardstock
Core'dinations 80# White Canvas cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne