Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Die-cut Mini Masterpiece: Maple Leaves

I have two cards in the post today. I wanted to use this great Impression Obsession maple leaf die for a die-cut mini masterpiece. It's the perfect size and well, I just like maple leaves. The last masterboard that I made using oranges and yellows was already cut up into 2" squares to make regular mini masterpieces, but luckily, the maple leaf die fits perfectly into a 2" square.



The first card uses 3 leaves.


I continue to marvel at how great these mini masterpiece masterboards turn out using dies to cut them into shapes. I absolutely love this one.

Even cooler is what you have left when you cut this leaf out of a 2" square. Using the negative piece seemed perfect for a sympathy card.


I used copper Stickles on these that did not show well in the photograph, but it lends a little bit of beauty to the finished product.

These card designs are based on the Mini Masterpieces that we did in a class by Sally Penley. You can look at my Mini Masterpieces herehere, here, hereherehere, and hereSally is still teaching the Mini Masterpiece class, so if you are local, I highly recommend it. You will get so much from this class. You can access her website here to sign up for her classes or buy her beautiful artwork.

Both stamps used on these cards are from Magenta, and if you want to purchase them you can click on the links below. ( I do not receive compensation for these links).

Products Used:

Card #1
Impression Obsession DIE030-S Leaves (this die set has 5 beautiful leaves)
Die-namics MFT-482 Vertical Stitched Strips
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock

07.969.F Magenta Have a Beautiful day!


Card #2
Impression Obsession DIE030-S Leaves (this die set has 5 beautiful leaves)
Die-namics MFT-463 Blueprints 13 (stitched rectangle that cuts to 5.25" x 4")
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Neenah Solar White 80# & 110# cardstock
So Silk Black cardstock

07.928.I Magenta with Sympathy





4 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne