Pages

Thursday, April 6, 2017

All you need is Love

This post is in featured on the Magenta blog today. I love this Magenta Floral Background stamp designed by Nathalie Métivier. It's beautiful, and it's sized perfectly to cover a card 5.5" x 4.25"



I stamped the Floral Background onto a 5.5"  4.25" piece of 80# Neenah solar white cardstock with Versamark ink, and embossed with JudiKins Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder. Using a blending tool, I applied Distress ink in Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron, and Blueprint Sketch, until the colors were well blended.

I matted the panel with So Silk black cardstock, and used another piece of the black cardstock to add the sentiment. 

I stamped the "All you need is love" sentiment with Versamark ink and embossed it with JudiKins White Diamond embossing powder. I cut a fishtail at the end to make it look like a banner, and popped it up with foam tape. I added a few sequins and it was done!

If you want to see this background technique step by step on another card, please link to my original post here.


Magenta Products Used:
(If you are local, please look for products at Art 'n Soul. If you are not local and wish to find Magenta products, you can click on the link in the stamp or product name below each image, or you can visit the Magenta online store here).

14.660.R Floral Background

07.970.G All you need is love

Other Products Used:
Distress Inks: Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron, Blueprint Sketch
Versamark ink
JudiKins Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder
JudiKins White Diamond Embossing powder
Neenah Solar White cardstock 80# and 110#
So Silk Black cardstock
Foam tape 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderfull card, I like the colours you have used.
    Hope you enjoyed the Art Specially Event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carla! Yes I enjoyed being there in the Netherlands so much, and the event was amazing! It was great to meet you there.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne