Pages

Monday, December 5, 2016

Peace Dove Christmas Tag

At Art 'n Soul we do a Thurston County Food Bank promotion each year at this time. Everyone on the staff creates tags (one for each day we work in the 12 day period) and provides make and takes for our customers. The promotion started Monday, December 5, and my first turn is Tuesday, December 6th. For my first tag, I had to go with my Zen Dove that I designed for Magenta, and the John Lennon quote that they agreed to make as the perfect sentiment to go with the dove. This pair of stamps is fast becoming my favorite combo. Here's my tag.


To make this tag, I die cut watercolor cardstock with the Sizzix 38-0946 Super Scallop Tag die (sorry, this die is no longer available). The tag was stamped with the Zen Peace Dove 44.023.M, and the John Lennon Peace Quote 07.956.F, using Versamark ink. The images were then embossed with JudiKins White Diamond embossing powder.

After embossing, I tapped Nuance powder all over the card, using Royal Blue, Cerulean Blue, Turquoise, Jade Green and a little Raspberry. I sprayed liberally with Pearly Water (a mix of 2 oz water with 1/4 tsp Perfect Pearls powder). The Pearly Water and embossing powder give just the perfect amount of shine and sparkle.

Once the tag was dry, a sparkly white ribbon was added at the top. A beautiful tag for a present, or hanging on the tree!

If you are local, please come in to Art 'n Soul today (open 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.) and make this tag to take home! The cost is a non-perishable food item, or a donation of at least $1 for the Food Bank. There will be posts up on the Art 'n Soul blog, and the Art 'n Soul page on Facebook each day, with photos of all of our tags! Please give us a like or a comment, and come by each day if you can.

Magenta Products Used:
(If you are local, please look for products at Art 'n Soul. If you are not local and wish to find Magenta products, you can click on the link in the stamp or product name below each image, or you can visit the Magenta online store here).

44.023.M Zen Peace Dove

07.956.F John Lennon Peace Quote

MNU001 Turquoise

MNU004 Jade

MNU007 Raspberry

MNU011 Cerulean Blue

MNU013 Royal Blue

Other Products Used:
Tim Holtz Watercolor cardstock
JudiKins White Diamond Embossing Powder
Perfect Pearls Powder
Versamark ink


2 comments:

  1. I loved the card you made with these stamps, and also love this tag. They are beautiful stamps paired together, a "must have" for me. I just had to order them and look forward to using them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne