Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Happy Autumn Birthday!

My Autumn Happy Birthday card is featured on the Magenta blog today!


This card was made with a fun technique using Distress crayons. I cut out a panel of glossy paper to 3.75" x 5" using the largest die in the Lawn Fawn LF768 Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables die set. I colored the entire surface of the panel with Distress crayons in Rusty Hinge, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed. 

I then placed the new Magenta Maple Leaves Mask, MC42 over the colored panel. Using a damp baby wipe, I wiped off the color in the open spaces. Since I used glossy paper, the color cleaned off pretty easily, leaving color only in the areas under the mask.

I stamped the new Magenta Happy Birthday sentiment using Ranger Archival Sepia ink. This is a great new Happy Birthday sentiment that fits into smaller spaces.

The panel was matted with Bronze Stardream cardstock, and I applied various sequins for bling using Ranger Multi Medium Matte adhesive.

I have found that this technique works best if you use a mask or stencil that has a lot of open space. This was a fun technique and I love how this card turned out.

Magenta Products Used:
(If you are local, please look for products at Art 'n Soul. If you are not local and wish to find Magenta products, you can click on the link in the stamp or product name below each image, or you can visit the Magenta online store here).

MC42 Maple Leaves

07.962.F Happy Birthday Little

Other Products Used:
Glossy cardstock
Distress Crayons: Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge
Bronze Stardream cardstock
Archival ink - Sepia
Baby wipes
Various sequins
Ranger Multi Medium matte adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne