Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Happy Birthday Flourish

This is my post on the Magenta blog today, May 2nd!
Besides making backgrounds, I love to paint with Nuance the same way you would with any watercolor. Tap colors into a palette and add water (I like to add water mixed with Perfect Pearls powder for extra shimmer).


First I stamped the beautiful Flower Flourish stamp and Happy Birthday stamp from Magenta. I used Black Onyx Versafine and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Using a small watercolor brush, I painted the flower petals one by one with clear water. I dipped my brush into Nuance mixed with pearly water and touched it to the wet petal. I kept doing this until I was happy with the colors. I tried to make the colors nearest to the center of the flowers the darkest. On the leaves, I used the lightest color of green (Grass Green) first, and then just touched each one with a little Jade. At the end I flicked some of the wet Nuance that was on my brush all over the card.

This is a really fun way to add color to a card. I hope you give it a try!

Magenta Products used:

14.647.P Flower Flourish

07.305.G Happy Birthday

MNU002 Bright Yellow

MNU006 Orange

MNU008 Golden Yellow

MNU009 Grass Green

Other Products Used:
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Judikins Detail Clear embossing powder
Perfect Pearls powder
Tim Holtz Watercolor cardstock
Stardream Flame cardstock
Various sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne