Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Colorful Merci

This is my post on the Magenta bog today, April 11. I love using Nuance all sorts of ways, and this is one of my favorites.


First, on a piece of Watercolor cardstock, stamp an image with Versamark and emboss with either clear or white embossing powder. In this case, I used the Magenta "Merci" stamp. The embossing powder will resist any color that you add to your panel.

I sprinkled some red Nuance onto my craft mat and sprayed it with pearly water (use 1/4 tsp Perfect Pearls powder with 2 oz water) I pressed my embossed image onto the puddle of color and heat set it to dry. Depending on how much color and water you use, you may have enough color on your mat to do several cards. Repeat the process with additional colors until the full image appears, and the area around your embossed image is covered with color. You will sometimes pick up splatters from your mat, adding to the overall look.

To complete my card, I matted the panel with So Silk Fair Blue cardstock and adhered it to a base card. Various sequins were scattered across the card.

Magenta Products Used:
07.784.J Merci
MNU001 Turquoise
MNU002 Bright Yellow
MNU003 Purple
MNU004 Jade
MNU007 Raspberry
MNU008 Golden Yellow
MNU015 Red

Other Products Used
Versamark Ink
Judikins Opaque White embossing powder
Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock
So Silk Fair Blue cardstock
Perfect Pearls powder



2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne