Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Magenta September Challenge!

September 2015 - Magenta Challenge:
Autumn

Create a Card, a Layout, an Art Journal page, or even an altered object; whichever you feel like, and follow the theme. Use some Magenta products such as: papers, stamps, embellishments, Peel Off's, chipboard, stencils, etc.

Be sure to link back to the Magenta challenge here.
The winner will be drawn randomly from the participant's linked up entries.
Challenge projects that catch Magenta's eye will be featured in the winner post.

Here's my card:


 For this card I used my newest favorite coloring medium, Nuance from Magenta. I started with a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor paper, and I masked off a rectangular area in the center of the panel. I did not press it down hard, because I wanted the colors to bleed into the rectangle a little. I chose some Fall colors of Nuance, and tapped the powder into a palette. I added pearly water (1/4 tsp Perfect Pearls Pearl in 2 oz water) to each color, and painted them around the masked area. Then, using the Magenta Maple Leaf 1 stamp (665.K) I stamped all around the rectangle using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.

I removed the mask, and stamped the Magenta Fall Text stamp into the middle of the rectangle with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink. Last I took some of the leftover Nuance from my palette, and flicked it into the center of the rectangle.

I mounted the panel onto copper Stardream paper as a mat, and then onto a white base card. In spite of the recent hot weather where I live, this card really makes me feel like Fall!

Magenta Products used:
Magenta Maple Leaf 1 0665K

Fall Text 07.347.I
Nuance Bright Yellow MNU-002
Nuance Golden Yellow MNU-008
Nuance Orange MNU-006
Nuance Scarlet MNU-010
Nuance Grass Green MNU-009
Other Products used:
Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink
Stardream Copper paper
Tim Holtz Watercolor paper

Now it's your turn!


You have until September 30th to enter!

You could win a Magenta gift certificate valued at $25!

Please read the challenge requirements carefully and please be sure to follow them to be eligible to be entered in the random draw.

Use InLinkz on the Magenta Blog here to submit your page.
 You may enter up to a five different entries and each entry must be linked up separately.

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne