Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Beautiful Leaf from Magenta

The new Magenta catalog is so full of fabulous stamps, it's hard to choose a favorite; but if I did have to choose, it might be the new Leaf stamp 0661.H.  I can't seem to stop stamping with it!  Maybe it's because no matter what you do with it, it looks beautiful.  I've made 4 cards, all using the Leaf stamp in some way.  These cards are now also available to view on the Magenta blog, and in person at Art 'n Soul.  Our order from the new collection is due in to the shop today, so come in early to get the stamps you want.  If we don't have the image you want, Magenta is always an open catalog!

For the card below, I stamped the Leaf on the left side of the card, inked with Memento Lulu Lavender and Grape Jelly.  The butterfly was stamped onto watercolor paper with Versamark and heat embossed with Judikins Lapis Lazuli embossing Powder.  I colored over the butterfly with Tombow markers 606 and 636 and applied a wet brush.  The image was puched out with a 3" circle punch and popped up with foam tape.  The sentiment was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.



by Dianne Johnson
 Magenta Stamps used:  Leaf 0661.H; Large Butterfly 0659.O; 
and Sending You Warm Thoughts 07.806.K


The next one is such a simple card!  I inked the Leaf stamp with Kaleidacolor Melon Berry ink and stamped, while masking the nearest other leaf.  The panel was affixed to Flame Stardream paper, and I applied a few enamel dots from My Mind's Eye and some orange fuzzy twine.


by Dianne Johnson
 Magenta stamps used:  Leaf 0661.H; Anyone Who Keeps the Ability 07.590.J


When Helene Metivier of Magenta Stamps was in Washington state and stopped to teach at Art 'n Soul, she challenged us to look at our stamps in different ways.  This is one of my favorite techniques she taught us:  how to use a leaf stamp to make a beautiful flower. 

I stamped the first 4 petals inked with Memento Lulu Lavender, and edged with Grape Jelly.  I continued around the circle and stamped 4 more times, inking with only Lulu Lavender.  The sentiment was stamped with Memento Grape Jelly.  The panel is matted with So Silk Purple paper, and the pearls are from Hero Hues Pearl and Gems, Floral.

by Dianne Johnson
Magenta stamps used:  Leaf 0661.H; I Am in Love With This Day 07.730.H


The Wedding card below uses the same technique, but it looks so different, I wanted to include it.  The first 4 petals were stamped onto white cardstock with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Judikins Detail Silver embossing powder.  The second 4 petals were stamped with Memento Gray Flannel ink.  The sentiment is stamped with Memento Gray Flannel and the rings are embossed in silver.  The panels are matted with Black glossy card stock.


By Dianne Johnson
Magenta Stamps used:  Leaf 0661.H; Congratulations 07.665.I

4 comments:

  1. as always, these are beautiful! i think I'm going to have to make sure I buy this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dianne, I really love what you did with this ONE stamp.

    I included your blog in a post on my blog.
    Have a look here:

    http://elliecreahoekje.blogspot.nl/2013/07/blogs-i-became-follower-of-lately-no-6.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne